This 36 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and step by step directions for making a weather paper bag book with your students. The printables were designed to fit on a #20 paper bag (8.25”W x 5.25”D x 16”H), but they will also fit in a standard size notebook if you prefer. Use them to complement your own weather unit!
This weather kit contains the following interactive parts:
1. Weather cover
2. Weather definition flap
3. Climate definition flap
4. Weather words cut and paste insert (sunny, windy, rainbow, rainy, lightening, snowy, partly sunny, foggy, icicle)
5. Water cycle cut and paste diagram
6. "How to Make Rain in a Jar" booklet/observation journal with teacher directions
7. Weather Watchers centerfold with weather icons and thermometers
8. Meteorologist definition flap
9. Four seasons flap
10. Weather tools chart with note taking or cut and paste options (anemometer, rain gauge, weather balloon, thermometer, satellite, barometer, radar, weather vane)
11. Clouds lift the flap insert (cumulus, cirrus, stratus, cumulonimbus)
12. Thermometer manipulative with directions (requires a clear straw and red pipe cleaner)
13. Extreme weather cut and paste insert (tornado, hurricane, thunderstorm, blizzard, drought, flood)
Paper bag books are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete bag book makes a terrific keepsake or study guide.
Please note that each bag book requires two #20 paper bags. You will also need clear straws and red pipe cleaners to make the thermometers. To make it "rain" in a jar, you will need a jar with a metal lid (like a pickle jar), some hot water, and ice. :-)
Thank you for considering my Weather Bag Book/Interactive Notebook Kit.
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out: