This 4 page flip-book fits perfectly into a science notebook and provides a great place for students to take notes as they learn about weather. This flip-book also makes a great assessment tool. This flip-book has a fill in the blank feature, with a cut and paste word bank to choose from.
First Grade TEKS 1.C
This flip-book focuses on...
* 3 boxes to draw three science tools, with definitions and traceable label
* 2 Sentences will traceable key words and cut and paste answers
* Weather Tools tree map with lines to take sentences off the map ( sentence stem on writing lines)
Weather All Around Us:
* Draw flag at three different strength of wind boxes
* It's windy when... chart with cut and paste answers
* Sentence will traceable key words and cut and paste answers
* Types of precipitation chart with definitions and cut and paste labels
* Weather symbol chart with space to draw symbol to match words
Observe the Weather:
* Chart with types of weather, and sentence stems to write what they see and feel.
* Track 5 days of weather and fill in the sentences stems about each day ( "Today is", "The weather is", and "The temperature is").
* Recess Tally Chart (sunny day,cloudy day, rainy day) to track recess weather
Back page is lined paper for writing
This product is made for a 9 1/2 X 11 inch paper size.
PDF opens best in Chrome.
These pocket chart science sentences make a great literacy station! They fit perfectly in a pocket chart and give students an opportunity to practice reading strategies with science content. I love that students build comprehension by completing the sentences so that they make sense. This leads to great conversation when done in a group, but is versatile enough to be completed independently.
This product includes...
The weather is, It feels, I like when it is, some days are, today is, weather can be, sentence starters with answers.
The season is, my favorite season is, the best season is, summer weather is, winter weather is, fall weather is, spring weather is, winter turns into, spring turns into, summer tunes into, fall tuns into, sentence starters with answers.
These sentences are ink friendly and look good on both white and colored card stock. These pocket chart sentences can be glued to sentence strips if printed on regular printer paper, and laminated for a more durable station.
If you don't have a pocket chart these sentences work just as well as a desk sort, or look good on an anchor chart!
Comes in TWO fonts ( Bubble type letters and black marker type).
This product works best on 8 1/2" by 11" inch paper.
PDF works best when opened in Chrome.