"Weather Changes" - A Sight Word Phrase Story, featuring the sight word phrase, “We can play” – is a quick and easy extension to a primary lesson on weather. Hands-on activities include read and write, fill in the blank, cut and paste, and draw and color ...
“Weather Changes” contains eight pages the early emergent reader will use to make a booklet measuring 8 1/2” x 11”. A cover is included, as well as pictures to support the text.
Prep: Run the copies and staple together the cover and pages one to five.
- Booklet cover: Write your name and color.
- Page one: Daily, for one school week, illustrate the day’s weather.
- Page two: Illustrate something you can play each season.
- Pages three to six: Read the sentence.
- Trace the sentence.
- Fill in the blanks to complete each word.
- Page seven: Cut and paste the season onto the correct page.
- Extension Activity: Read to a partner, and share your artwork.
Vocabulary: We can play, by, in, the, wind, snow, rain, hot, sun, season, fall, winter, spring, summer, day, to, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, weather changes
Tags: weather changes, sight word, phrase, story, we can play, hands-on activities, read and write, trace, fill in the blanks, cut and paste, draw and color, extension activity
Look for ...
Additional titles and themes from
A Sight Word Phrase Story with Hands-on Activities
Copyright © 2013 Lynda Smith Davis
Image © Graphics Factory.com
All rights reserved
Frame Copyright © 2012-2013
All rights reserved.