Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This integrated weather unit helps first graders explore and understand Earth's natural cycles. Find detailed plans, materials, STEM challenges, science labs, literacy and math connections and much more in this complete 6 week weather unit.
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource! :) *****
Included in this packet:
• unit at a glance
• week at a glance plans for 6 weeks
• daily plans for literacy and science
• 50 "I Can" Common Core objective cards
• weekly suggestions for math integration and phonics integration
• printables and materials needed to implement plans
• monthly weather log (blank template plus one for each month), temperature recording pages (Weather Decisions chart)
• vocabulary cards for word wall (44 words plus a blank template)
• anchor chart templates in color and BW (download demo for details)
• science experiments: shadows, making clouds, water cycle, tornadoes, catch a rainbow, static electricity (lightning)
• weather booklet
• 14 writing prompts: weather decisions, summer story, fall story, autumn story, winter story, spring story, rainy day story, shadow experiment, water cycle, severe weather, tornadoes, what I do during the day, what I do at night, stars
• The Wind Blew sequencing activity
• Verb tense sort (past/present/future). Get more verb sorts
• My Little Cloud creative writing activity. Find it for .
• How To Writing graphic organizer...Get more how to writing activities and charts
• severe weather mythbusters sort...Get more severe weather activities
• cause and effect cut and paste printable
• When it Rains I can/see/feel anchor chart and blackline printable
• The Water Cycle full color diagram and blackline fill in the blank printable
• Synonym roll anchor charts for fun, bad, said and good. Plus coordinating seasons stories that overuse those words to practice replacing with synonyms
• Math cycle connections: interactive slides on base 10 and time with guiding questions
• Give a Mouse a Cookie Packet is included and found separately
• Seasons Mini Packet is included and found separately
• Sun Moon Stars Mini Packet is included and found separately
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!