Weather Changing the Earth – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with three fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to floods.
• Forest fires explained.
• Tornadoes and Tornado Alley
• Hurricanes explained.
• Landslides and avalanches compared.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying the similarities and differences between hurricanes and tornadoes using a Venn diagram.
• Activity one has students identifying the similarities and differences between avalanches and landslides using a Venn diagram.
• Activity three has students matching definitions to terms/pictures from the presentation. Included vocabulary - floods, fire, hurricane, tornado, avalanche, landslide, and gravity.