The weather escape room is an immersive experience for you students It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of air masses, weather maps, weather instruments and high and low air pressure.
Students will need to have an understanding of the cold fronts, warm fronts, stationary fronts, occluded fronts, high and low air pressure, weather instruments and weather forecasting.
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
Science Escape Room Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- One Lockout Hasp
- Three, 4-digit locks
- One storage box that includes a place for the lockout hasp
Both methods will need the following:
- All printed materials (included)
- Manila envelopes
- Small mirror or reflective surface (cell phone camera would work also)
- Brads for the decoder ring
- Standard paper towel tube
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- Student answer key
- Digital answer key (google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose, but not necessary
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks.