Also included in
- Weather and climate are complicated topics. Everything you need to teach the Middle School weather and climate is in this bundle. Students will learn about patterns in weather, air masses, weather fronts, climate, uneven heating of the earth, climate change, and more. Purchase as a bundle and save 2$29.00$36.25Save $7.25
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses a Utah SEEd standards for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who rea$96.40$120.50Save $24.10
- Earth’s Systems Middle School Bundle: This bundle includes the resources for Middle School Science Strand Earth’s System. Students will love these engaging science units that cover all the Earth’s Systems standards for Middle School NGSS. Save 20% by purchasing as a bundle!Units include:hands-on lab$51.00$63.75Save $12.75
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% by purchasing t$301.00$376.25Save $75.25
- This is a bundle for 6th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 6th grade in California and other states using this model.. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the NGSS Integrated Model 6th grade$84.00$105.00Save $21.00
Students will collect data to provide evidence for how the motions and complex interactions of air masses result in changes in weather conditions.
Air masses, air pressure, and weather fronts are interesting but complicated! This unit will help students understand the relationship of air pressure to weather changes. This resource covers warm fronts, cold fronts, stationary fronts, high pressure, low pressure, and storms. Students will learn about weather and climate in this unit. Students will love these engaging activities on air pressure, air masses, and weather fronts.
This resource includes two complete units of study.
The first is on or .
☀️ six labs
☀️ response pages
☀️ a slideshow
☀️ interactive notebook flaps
☀️ answer keys
The second unit is on and builds on concepts addressed in the first unit.
⚡ an informative slideshow
⚡ nonfiction reading passage
⚡ comprehension questions aligned with the CCSS for Reading Informational Text
⚡ weather map task cards
⚡ answer keys
⚡ QR code research
⚡ interactive notebook flaps
⚡ two quizzes that are designed to have similar questions to the End of Year testing for science.
This is designed to completely address the NGSS standard for Middle School Earth Systems:
NGSS MS-ESS2-5. Collect data to provide evidence for how the motions and complex interactions of air masses result in changes in weather conditions.
From the disciplinary core idea Earth's Systems: ESS2.D Weather and Climate
and Utah SEEd
6.3. 2 Investigate the interactions between air masses that cause changes in weather conditions. Collect and analyze weather data to provide evidence for how air masses flow from regions of high pressure to low pressure causing a change in weather.
Students will love the investigations, informational text passages, slide shows and engaging activities that will help them understand air masses, weather fronts and air pressure and how they affect changes in weather conditions.
NGSS Middle School Science Concepts Include:
Explaining based on evidence
See more about teaching air pressure, air masses, and weather fronts.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to know more about creating a solar oven?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for NGSS Middle School:
Heat Transfer Unit