The document includes:
- A four (4) week unit plan on the topic of weather, to include assessments (rubrics)
- 20 detailed lesson plan ideas
- 1 guided reading lesson plan for emerging/beginner readers that can be used as a model for other guided reading lessons tied to this unit
- 1 lesson plan on asking high-quality inquiry questions with related self-assessment tool and all necessary materials to teach this lesson
The unit plan includes the elements in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP).
TRANSDISCIPLINARY THEME: Sharing the Planet
CENTRAL IDEA: Weather varies and influences our way of life.
AN INQUIRY INTO:
• Elements of weather
• How weather influences the way people live
• How we influence the weather (action)