Teaching weather forecasting can be difficult, but this pack makes it easy for you! This pack goes over the instruments needed to observe, measure and record weather. Also covered are how meteorologists forecast weather, air masses and fronts and the aspects of weather that we measure (air pressure, wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, precipitation amounts).
Included in this Weather Instruments and Forecasting Set are:
* Weather Instrument Mini Posters featuring vocabulary, definitions and color pictures!
* Weather Instrument Flipbook (directions, materials and rubric)
* Weather Instruments and Forecasting Presentation (PDF) that covers:
-What is forecasting? Who forecasts the weather?
-What is a meteorologist?
-How do we measure weather?
- Air Pressure/Barometers
- Precipitation/Doppler Radar/Rain Gauge
- Wind Speed/Direction, Wind Vane, Anemometer
- Fronts/Air Masses, Warm, Cold, Stationary, Occluded Fronts
- Review slides for students to recall what they learned
* Weather Instruments and Forecasting Assessment and Vocabulary Pack
- three assessments (worksheet, quiz or part of test)
- keys to assessments
- Triple Concentration Vocabulary Game/Vocabulary Study
- Two versions of a weather observation/forecasting chart and reflection for students
* Weather Map activity (Includes TWO versions, a US and a blank for other countries to put a blank map!)
**Please note that the presentation is in a PDF format. This is to protect the fonts, photos and clip art. Thank you for your understanding!
I hope you enjoy this item. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas for custom work, please contact me! Thanks and stop by again soon!
Visit my blog!
Visit me on Facebook!
Follow me on Pinterest!