If you teach weather instruments and forecasting, this presentation and assessment pack is a great way to introduce vocabulary and key concepts to kids about weather!
Included in this pack:
* Weather Instruments and Forecasting Presentation (PDF) that covers:
-What is forecasting? Who forecasts the weather?
-What is a meteorologist?
-How do we measure weather?
- Air Pressure/Barometers
- Precipitation/Doppler Radar/Rain Gauge
- Wind Speed/Direction, Wind Vane, Anemometer
- Fronts/Air Masses, Warm, Cold, Stationary, Occluded Fronts
- Review slides for students to recall what they learned
* Weather Instruments and Forecasting Assessment and Vocabulary Pack
- three assessments (worksheet, quiz or part of test)
- keys to assessments
- Triple Concentration Vocabulary Game/Vocabulary Study
- Two versions of a weather observation/forecasting chart and reflection for students
* Weather Map activity (Includes TWO versions, a US and a blank for other countries to put a blank map!)
**Note the difference between this pack and the "complete set" are that this does not have the flipbook or mini posters for instruments.
**Please note that the presentation is in a PDF format. This is to protect the fonts, photos and clip art. Thank you for your understanding!
I hope you enjoy this item. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas for custom work, please contact me! Thanks and stop by again soon!
Visit my blog!
Visit me on Facebook!
Follow me on Pinterest!