This packet is 50 pages of activities to meet all of your literacy block needs.
4 QR Codes linked to books related on weather. Each code is a You Tube video that has been filtered through a safe share site for better student viewing. These qr codes are considered to be a bonus for those teachers that are able to use them.
Read on my Own:
1. Weather Easy Reader
2. Two weather passages (Water Cycle and Meteorologist) with sentence strips included for center.
Read with a Friend:
1. Partner Plays (two short plays with Check for Understanding reading cards are provided)
2. Weather Reading Buddies for students to read to in this center.
1.Draw and Write:Students draw a picture in the box and then write a sentence about snow or winter.
2.Spin a Story- Students spin the story spinner. They write a story about the picture they landed on.
3. Scene Writing- Students cut out a scene, glue to paper, and write!
4. Weather Writing- Students write on the lines provided using the word wall on the page.
5. Roll and Revise: Students roll sentence cube then rewrite the sentence on their recording sheet correcting the sentence mistakes.
6. Letter Writing: Write a letter to a meteorologist!
7. Portable Weather Word Walls provided in color and BW.
1.Weather Rainbow Write: Students read each weather word. They write it once. Then they roll a dice and write it again in the color rolled.
2. Weather ABC:: Students cut the weather words out and glue them in ABC order onto the recording sheet.
3. Flipping for New Words:Students cut out glue “I Can” tab to weather page. Cut on dotted lines to form flaps. Students explain the new words using pictures or words. (A blank page is provided for you to add your own words.)
4. Sand /Salt Words:Students use cards to write words in sand/salt trays (use pie plate or bin with sand or salt).
5. Write! Stamp! Students pick a weather card (from sand/salt tray words), write it, then stamp the word.
6. Secret Code Words: Students write the initial sound of each picture to decode three winter words.” (shovel, snowman, scarf)
7. Describe It! - Students look at the weather/season cards and write words to describe the scene, weather, climate, temperature, colors, etc.
Please note: The QR Codes are considered to be a "bonus" for buyers that would like to use them in their listening center. The printables in the pack can be used as a stand alone activity with the book(s) that you provide. All sales are final. Thank you!