Weather Map Science Task Cards - Weather and Climate - Forecasting Weather
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a set of science task cards for grades 5-8. Each set of task cards comes with answer sheets and answer keys. Some of the task card sets come with other response sheets and slide shows. These task cards are self-checking with the answer keys. Save 20% by purchasing this bundle. Included:•WePrice $21.80Original Price $27.25Save $5.45
Students will love these weather map science task cards. This set includes 10 weather maps with questions. It also includes an introductory weather map slide show and follow-up pages on understanding a weather map. Students will learn about forecasting weather and meteorology. These task cards can be used independently and they are self-checking. No Prep-just print and use!
Weather Map Task Cards Include:
- Slide Show on Forecasting and Reading a Weather Map
- Student Note Pages
- Ten Weather Map Science Task Cards with Ten Sets of Questions
- Answer Keys
- Suggested Schedule (four days)
- Weather Map Symbols
- Air masses
- Cold fronts
- Warm fronts
- Stationary fronts
- Occluded fronts
- Planetary Winds
- The Gulf Stream
- The Polar Jet Stream
- Surface Temperature
- High Pressure
- Low Pressure
- The Coriolis effect
This set is great for middle school science.
Works nicely with NGSS MS-ESS2-5. Collect data to provide evidence for how the motions and complex interactions of air masses result in changes in weather conditions.
From the disciplinary core idea Earth's Systems: ESS2.D Weather and Climate
6.3.2 Investigate the interactions between air masses that cause changes in weather conditions. Collect and analyze weather data to provide evidence for how air masses flow from regions of high pressure to low pressure causing a change in weather.
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
You will also love these products!
Distribution of Resources NGSS MS-ESS3-1.
Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions
Thermal Energy and Particle Motion
Waves: Transmission, Absorption, and Reflection