Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning about weather around us is a big part of the Kindergarten Next Gen Science Standards. This 3 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, Science labs, literacy connections, and math connections to help them understand the big idea, "Weather patterns cause changes that affect us."
See this unit in action coming soon ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Weather: K.ESS2.1, K.ESS2.1, K.ESS3.2
Included in this packet:
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 20 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• Weather Booklet (words included: snow, sun, cloud, lightning, wind, rainbow, rain, temperature, thunder)
• weather vocab word find
• 16 vocabulary word wall cards
• 14 Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: weather words, lightning, snow, cloud, rain, wind, rainbow, meteorologists are/can/use, tornado, hurricane, blizzard, flood, thunderstorm, sun
• 5 Science Labs: Wind Races, catch a rainbow, tornado, thunderstorms, sunlight
• Monthly Weather graphs for each month and a blank template
• The Wind Blew sequencing activity (cut and paste)
• Weather predictions activity (1 day and 5 day options)
• Weather decisions writing activity
• STEM Challenge: Build a shade solution (digital slides, charts, guiding questions, and planning page and publishing page)
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!