Does your curriculum include a study of weather and climate?
This Weather on Earth Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader BINGO project can be an engaging way to:
* integrate technology
* extend and enrich a Science unit
* help students gain comfort and confidence reading nonfiction.
This classroom-tested project includes (all Google docs for you to copy into your own Google Drive):
* student Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader Weather BINGO board
* suggested titles and Lexile Level information for weather-related topics
* student directions in checklist form to create the Weather RC or AR BINGO board in a Google doc or Word
* rubric to score each BINGO board
* sample bulletin board display poster
* teacher notes/ classroom management suggestions to share my experience using this project with you
In our classroom, students were given approximately 2-3 weeks to complete this project, with time built into our daily routine to read independently, take Reading Counts quizzes, and visit our school library.
Weather RC BINGO projects completed by my students may be viewed on my classroom web site here: