Weather Research Report : We have developed this report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Weather Research report. This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. Each question has one page dedicated to it so each student can answer as much or as little as is prudent for them. There is extra blank paper at the end of the questions for questions that need additional room to answer. This package contains the following weather report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name) we created grayscale version if you can’t copy in color.
2. What is weather?
3. Define and illustrate weather-related vocabulary words.
4. Write a caption about each phase of the water cycle.
5. How is weather and the water cycle inter-related?
6. How does knowing the weather forecast affect people making decisions each day?
7. Do you drink the same water that was on Earth millions of years ago?
8. What causes different kinds of weather?
9. What is the difference between weather and climate?
10. How does weather forecasting affect future events?
11. What kind of extreme weather is the most dangerous and why?
12. Some areas on the earth experience droughts. Why do droughts happen and what can be done to help these areas that don’t have enough water?
13. How are plants and animals affected by the weather?
14. Write about a memorable experience that you’ve had related to weather. It could be a major storm, flood, drought, or something else weather related.
15. Make a safety poster to teach people about how to stay safe in a severe weather event (student choice- they choose which type of extreme weather).
16. Make a collage about the extreme weather that you chose. Cut or tear small pieces of colored paper and glue them down into a collage.
17. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
18. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
19. Blank paper to be copied as needed for each study to add to any part of the report
20. Finding Your Information- How to research your report
21. Note taking bullet form template
22. Note taking lined form template
23. Example of Resource page, blank Resource Page and Bibliography Template
24. Student Checklist for editing and revising
25. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
26. Common Core ELA Standard
27. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Ecology Research Report
Plant Research Report
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2015 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display. Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Catherine-S borders on this product are from this tpt Sellercopyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com