The songs in this weather pack are quite versatile as regards age range. There is the simplicity of “Rainbow Set” and “Dressed For Fun” compared with the more complex “Tornado”, “Hurricanes” and “Stormy Nights”. The complete water cycle is covered in “Clouds” but can be accessible to younger children by simply encouraging them to sing the chorus and listen to the verses. There are plenty of opportunities for percussion work in “Thermometer” and “The Sun Is Shining”. Chromatic scales are introduced in “The Wind Is Blowing”. There is even an opportunity to speak a little French (paradoxically!) In “The Rain In Spain”!
The complete set of 10 Weather songs consists of:
* 20 mp3 files, with both vocal and piano backing tracks
* a PDF of the music and lyrics
* an illustrated PowerPoint of each song for use with digital projectors and whiteboards
* a separate Word document of the lyrics
* Teachers’ notes to assist with the delivery of the songs
No license is required for performing any of my material, and the music and lyrics may be copied freely for use within or by your school.
The songs are:
2. Dressed For Fun
4. The Sun Is Shining
5. Stormy Nights
6. The Wind Is Blowing
7. Rainbow Set
8. The Rain In Spain