Very Busy Teachers Store presents this Weather Thematic Unit for Intermediate Level (Grades 3-4-5) on our Teachers Pay Teacher Store.
This Weather Thematic Unit has 31 pages of worksheets, activities and games.
All relevant Answer keys are included.
* This unit may be presented as an activity book
* Weather vs. Climate - Students will read all about weather and climate and then answer true or false to each of the questions below.
* Weather Forecast . Students will complete the weather forecast script provided and use it to give a weather report!
*Weather Sound Poem – Students are given an introduction to Onomatopoeia as an important literary device. They will write a rain sound word in each of the raindrops sketches provided and use these words to help them write a weather poem.
* Weather Wordsearch. Students will search vertically, horizontally and diagonally to find the weather words hidden in the wordsearch.
*Raining Cats and Dogs - Students are asked to write a story about a day when something unusual fell from the sky like popcorn or puppies. They will use the graphic organizer provided to plan your story.
* Rainy Day Patterns - Sequencing. Students will draw the umbrella that would come next in each pattern.
*Inclement Weather Report - Students will choose a type of inclement weather they would like to learn more about and complete the weather report to explain to others how to stay safe if they find themselves in inclement weather.
* Seasons - Students are provided with information facts paragraph about seasons and the relationship of the tilt of the earth on its axis. They will then draw the tilt of the Earth on its axis in each season relative to the hemisphere they live in on the worksheet provided.
*Changes in Seasons – Students are given a fact paragraph on the seasons and asked to draw how the tree would look in each of the four seasons on the worksheet provided.
* Dressing For The Day
* Weather Math – Students will solve the weather word problems using information from the weekly weather forecast provided.
* The Water Cycle. Students will read the fact and information passage on the water cycle and then answer the comprehension provided in the worksheet.
Weather Vocabulary Wheel – Students will cut out the parts of the weather wheel. Connect them using a brass pin and write the definition for each word that appears in the cloud as you spin the wheel.
* A Trip Through The Water Cycle. Students are asked to pretend they are a raindrop. They are then to write or draw pictures in the graphic organizer provided showing their journey through the water cycle. They will then use their graphic organizer to write a story about their journey.
* The Water Cycle Game – each player travels through the water cycle as a raindrop.
* Catch A Rainbow - Science Experiment – includes background information on rainbows and the colors that make up the rainbow. Students will try to catch a rainbow in this experiment. Includes scientific record sheet record their data.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest