Weather Tracking – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with three fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to weather tracking terminology (tornado, air mass, stationary front, thunder, front, forecast, cold front, and warm front).
• Illustration of the six North American air masses with descriptions.
• The three types of fronts
• Reading weather maps
• Forecasting weather
• Severe weather warning signs and safety
The last 3 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. They are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are tornado, air mass, stationary front, thunder, front, forecast, cold front, and warm front.
• Activity two has students identifying/matching 6 types of North American air mass descriptions with their locations on a map.
• Activity three has students answering weather questions on a weather map (city high temp, low temp, rain?, sunshine?, etc.).