This is a 20 page weather unit designed to meet the Alabama Science Standard 12.
12.) Identify conditions that result in specific weather phenomena, including thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes.
• Identifying cloud types associated with specific weather patterns
• Identifying positive and negative effects of weather phenomena
- positive—flooding deposits good soil when waters recede,
- negative—flooding kills crops
• Identifying technology used to record and predict weather, including thermometers, barometers, rain gauges, anemometers, and satellites
• Explaining symbols shown on a weather map
• Organizing weather data into tables or charts
It can definitely accommodate other weather standards as well.
5 weather instrument posters
Thunderstorm nonfiction passage
tornado nonfiction passage
clouds nonfiction passage
hurricane nonfiction passage
t chart for positive/negative effects of weather
weather map and symbols poster
weather map activity
quiz answer key