This Weather Unit includes:
1. Factually Speaking - a set of Addition Flash Cards 0-12 for students to work with a partner to place the problem card and answer card side by side under the appropriate heading/answer. Students are "speaking" to each other about the math facts as they work their way to create a big math fact chart. This gets students up and out of their seats and becomes body/brain learning.
2. Read and Write Around the Room - "posters" are provided and the intent is that the posters will be hung around the room. Students place the Recording Sheet on their clipboard, choose a pointer, walk around the room finding the posters and filling out the Recording Sheet.
3. Estimation Jar - this jar is designed to be themed-based for weather. This exposes students to the vocabulary once again and provides an opportunity to practice various math standards. I buy a bag cotton balls to represent clouds and fill the jar!
4. Task Cards - this set of Task Cards provides practice for students to identify contractions in sentences with a weather theme!
5. Fast Facts - a Fast Fact Recording Sheet for students to fill out as they research about various topics.
6. Exit Tickets - as students leave to go home for the day, have them draw an exit ticket and answer it!
PLEASE NOTE ONLY DIGITAL CONTENT NO PHYSICAL ITEMS
More specifically this Weather Unit includes:
Pages 1&2 Cover and thank you page
Page 3 A description of what is included in this unit.
Pages 4-17 Read and Write Around the Room Weather Vocabulary words include: cloud, lightning, partly cloudy, rain cloud, rainbow, raindrop, snowflakes, sun, tornado, wind and thermometer.
Pages 18-24 Task Cards Contractions - Each Task Card has a weather related sentence that includes a contraction. Students are to write the two words that make up the contraction on a Recording Sheet. An Answer Key is included.
Pages 25-78 A weather themed set of Addition Flash Cards 0-12. A Recording Sheet and Answer Keys are included.
Pages 79-81 Estimation Jar Label, a page of example estimation questions to ask, estimate notes for students to fill out.
Pages 82-90 Fast Fact Sheets for students to use reference books, internet resources, encyclopedias to write 5 fast facts about: cumulus clouds, lightning, rainbows, snowflakes, the sun, a thermometer, a tornado and the wind.
Pages 91-97 Exit Tickets
Pages 99-101 Pictures of book covers of weather books I have used in the classroom.
Page 102 Credits Page
How to get TpT credits to use on future purchases - Log in, go to "My Purchases," beside each purchase there will be a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and there will be a page to leave a quick rating and a comment about the resource. When you provide feedback you will earn TpT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money!
How to Follow My Store - Click the green star beside my name at the top of my store page. You will then be notified when a new resource is posted.
JourneyED through Educational Transformations