This Weather Unit Bundle includes a variety of ways to teach your students about weather! Your students will love all the real life pictures. Grab their attention with the fun interactive notebooks and sorting activities. Hang the posters on the wall to get them into the weather groove. Then, quiz their weather vocabulary and give the early finishers a word search to complete so that their brains keep working. There are definitely lots of ways you can use this pack to give you more time for other important things to do during your busy schedule.
Here is exactly what is included in this pack:
• 41 Editable Informational PowerPoint Slides with information and real pictures to get the students attention on: Weather, Climate, Meteorology, air pressure, weather fronts (cold front, warm front, stationary front, occluded front, dry line), rain, flood, flash flooding, tornadoes (how tornadoes form, Fujita scale, funnel clouds, water spout), Hurricanes (the eye, categories), drought, Blizzards, ice storm, frost bite, avalanches, and then ends with review questions and answers.
• Interactive notebooks / Examples and descriptions included also: Accordions (one for tornadoes and one for hurricanes) with questions to answer, drawings, and coloring they do to complete the activity. Pop- up clouds on the petal square. Students draw a cloud according to its name which include- Stratus, Cirrus, Cumulus, and Cumulonimbus). Vocabulary tabs- students can write descriptions, facts, and draw pictures under each flap. Three different types- Weather Instruments, Weather Symbols, and Extreme Weather.
• 20 Visually Appealing Posters – Thermometer, Barometer, Rain Gauge, Wind Vane, Wind Sock, Anemometer, Weather Map, Low Pressure, High Pressure, Cold Front, Warm Front, Stationary Front, Occluded Front, Dry Line, Stratus, Cirrus, Cumulus, Cumulonimbus, Altocumulus, and fog.
• 5 Different Sorting Activities
• Weather Printables / Worksheets Includes: Predicting the forecast (students pretend to be the meteorologist and will predict what the weather will be like for the next 7 days which includes writing descriptions and drawing pictures), Weather Vocabulary Quiz, Comparing and Contrasting Venn Diagram, and a word search for the early finishers.
I hope you find everything you need to teach the Unit in this pack. If you need anything added, feel free to send a message and I will be happy to assist. I also love custom requests!
Take a look at the preview to see what you will be receiving after download and don't forget to follow The Discovery Apple for updates on new items and great deals!
If you like this unit, you might also love:
Water Cycle PackSolar System Pack Human Body Systems Pack Force and Motion PackPenguins PowerPoint + PrintablesDinosaurs PowerPoint + Printables
SAVE BIG with the Science Bundle that includes 6 Units: