This is a weather unit designed for middle school and high school students. The worksheets, PowerPoint, and activities introduce the basic concepts surrounding weather. Students learn about the factors involved in causing weather: heat/temperature, air pressure, wind, and moisture.
***Please Note: This lesson is part of my Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle.***
This Powerpoint presentation is interspersed with activities and labs to help students relate these concepts to the real world of meteorology. Each activity is carefully laid out to include background notes and information, maps, and teacher answer keys.
This product includes everything you need to teach your students the basics of weather:
1. An inquiry web-quest designed to introduce students to the factors involved in creating weather.
2. A detailed and engaging Powerpoint presentation with pictures and guided student notes.
3. Four complete, interesting activities presented during the Powerpoint to further student thinking and focus on real-world application of meteorology. (Isothermic maps, Isobaric map, relative humidity activity, streamline wind map)
4. Review questions designed to evaluate student understanding of the topic upon conclusion of the unit.
**Your feedback is important to me. Please review this product.**
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*