Weather Vocabulary Bundle! Make studying weather FUN in whole groups, partners, individually, or centers with meaningful, research based strategies! This bundle of weather vocabulary resources will provide your students with lots of engaging, research based, activities to practice vocabulary related to weather. The resources and activities in this bundle are especially helpful for ELL students learning new weather terms and I’ve found all my students enjoy using them.
English + Spanish (A Spanish Weather Vocabulary Bundle version is now included for FREE)
This Weather Vocabulary Bundle includes:
Printable Weather Vocabulary Board Game:
• A printable, colorful “Crazy Weather Vocabulary Game” board (that works just as well printed in gray scale).
• A set of related game pieces that students can cut out and fold with the option to draw their own pictures to give students a sense of choice and ownership in the game.
• A set of game rules for students to read and follow.
• A page of teacher notes/tips to help the game run smoother.
• An answer key with sample sentences, definitions, and pictures for each weather vocabulary word to help the other players on the team decide whether the player is correct or not during their turn.
• A set of game cards to cut out to place on the game board with an optional back side that can be printed onto the backs of the cards to make it more difficult to see the word through the card.
Weather Vocabulary Trading Cards:
• 16 weather trading cards with the word and picture of the type of weather on the front and a definition and sentence on the back.
• The same 16 weather cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture of the type of weather and room to write their own definitions and sentences.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more weather terms to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their weather cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these weather vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
Weather Word Wall Cards
• 16 weather word wall cards with pictures representing them.
• 2 blank templates with the same border that you can write your own weather vocabulary on and draw your own pictures on if there are other words you’d like to add to your word wall. I love having my students do this because they feel a sense of pride and ownership as they look at their own words and pictures that they added to the word wall.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
• Spanish Weather Vocabulary Bundle set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students
Here are some related products:
Weather Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
Weather Vocabulary Game
Weather Vocabulary Trading Cards
Weather Vocabulary Word Wall
Check out my other SCIENCE
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Weather Vocabulary Bundle
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License