Also included in
- Practice and extend science vocabulary all year with this set of 100 fun printable riddle cards about animals, weather, plants, the ocean, and the human body. These integrated curriculum cards and activities will help your students build important cross-curricular connections for learning that lastsPrice $16.20Original Price $20.50Save $4.30
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save nearPrice $41.50Original Price $59.00Save $17.50
Use this set of 20 weather and climate riddle cards in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade science and literacy teaching…
* To reinforce and extend your science teaching of weather vocabulary
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues, draw conclusions, and use information to eliminate incorrect choices
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As a small group or literacy center game, with the game board that's included (uses the same vocabulary).
* As the basis for a riddle-writing activity, with the template that's included in this set
Download the preview now to get a set of picture cards for the 20 vocabulary words in this set, perfect for use in your writing center. These cards can be used as responses to the riddles, or with "What's the Weather?", a four-in-a-row board game that's also part of this resource.
BONUS! This set now includes a weather-themed color by code subtraction activity!
Solve a riddle a day every day to give your students daily practice inferring, identifying and answering key questions, and building vocabulary. These riddles are a form of informational text. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and engaging way to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills!
* These riddles are also included in Weather: A Cross-Curricular Literacy Unit.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like ...
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about this product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me to improve products and design new resources for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Click here to follow my store. You'll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You'll also receive an occasional "Followers Only" freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks! ☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson