The aim of this kit is:
To teach the students the meaning of both the weather and the climate, the components of each, the factors that affect each, and the difference between them.
The contents are:
• Power point presentation which is full of images.
• Teacher’s notes
• Worksheets for the students
How to use this kit:
• Print one copy of the weather components table for each student
• Print 7 copies of the climate document for each student
• All documents can be stapled to make a journal for the topic
• Play the presentation
• It shows the components of the weather, the tool to measure each, and the unit
• Give the students time to fill in the table row after the other as you go with the discussion
• The components mentioned are temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, atmospheric pressure, relative humidity, cloud, fog and mist.
• After that the presentation shows the components of the climate one after the other.
• Discuss each then give a chance for the students to fill one sheet for each climate factor.
• The factors discussed are the sun, lithosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, atmosphere, biosphere, and the human effect.
• There is a teacher’s reference sheet containing all the info needed for the discussion.
• The presentation is full of images and not much writing so there is a chance for the teacher to use the image as an enhancer for the discussion.