This colorful and detailed PowerPoint and bundle covers mechanical and chemical weathering, erosion and deposition. This PPT includes descriptions and photos examples of each.
Mechanical weathering covers abrasion, ice wedging, organic activity (including root wedging), uploading (including exfoliation) and gravitational impact (including rockslide, mudflow and creep).
Chemical weathering covers oxidation, hydrolysis, dissolution (carbonic acid and sulfuric acid), hydration and plant acids.
And finally, the rate of weathering is discussed. Weathering is affected by the type of rock, the climate and the size of the particles being weathered.
• PowerPoint: Weathering, Erosion and Deposition
NOT INCLUDED, but also available for purchase:
• PowerPoint Notes Handout: Weathering, Erosion and Deposition
• Quiz: Weathering, Erosion and Deposition
• Quiz Key: Weathering, Erosion and Deposition
• Worksheet: Weathering and Erosion
• Worksheet Key: Weathering and Erosion
• Lab: Mechanical Weathering