Also included in
- This is a bundle of resources on Earth Science for Middle school. Purchase together here and save 20% This resource is designed to meet the NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas: History of The Planet Earth, Plate Tectonics and Large-Scale System Interactions, Earth's Materials and Systems, The Role of Water$35.80$44.75Save $8.95
- Earth’s Systems Middle School Bundle: This bundle includes the resources for Middle School Science Strand Earth’s System. Students will love these engaging science units that cover all the Earth’s Systems standards for Middle School NGSS. Save 20% by purchasing as a bundle!Units include:hands-on lab$55.80$69.75Save $13.95
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 7th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 7th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 7th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$117.44$146.80Save $29.36
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$298.84$373.55Save $74.71
Students will love these engaging activities on weathering and erosion. Changes in the Earth's surface will be studied. Students will love these easy-to-do labs. This is a great unit for Earth Science. Reading passages on weather and erosion are included.
This resource includes:
- hands-on activities
- informational text passages on weathering and erosion
- a lab
- lab pages
- answer keys
This resource is designed to meet the standard for NGSS Earths Systems:
MS-ESS2-2. Construct an explanation based on evidence for how geoscience processes have changed Earth’s surface at
varying time and spatial scales
For the lab, you will need sand, water, salt rock, and containers.
And the Utah SEEd
Standard 7.2.2 Construct an explanation based on evidence for how processes have changed Earth’s surface at varying time and spatial scales.
These science reading passages including are rich in content and students will practice their reading informational text skills while learning more about weathering and erosion.
The following science concepts are addressed:
weathering and erosion
comparing and contrasting
making an Argument from Evidence
Nonfiction Reading Skills Addressed are:
Rereading and answering text-dependent questions
Main idea and supporting details
By Lynda R. Williams
If you have questions about my resources please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Visit my blog Teaching Science With Lynda
For more ideas on teaching Weathering and Erosion