Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Learning N Progress hosted a FREE webinar on how to differentiate in a socially distanced classroom and virtual learning environment. Thank you to all participants who attended! I am truly grateful to be able to share ideas and resources that are sure to help your students during this challenging time. As a thank you, I created this bundle that highlights the resources we used during the webinar.
I absolutely LOVE using Nearpod for math and literacy centers!!! This is a great way for students to practice target skills and show work digitally. Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math/literacy centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. The lesson can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
This bundle has four lessons that focus on addition and subtraction. Ideally, they will be assigned in this order: Using Pictures, Drawing Pictures, Writing Sentences, and Number Bonds. They can also be included in a digital choice board, allowing students to choose how they learn best. The instructions on the slides are recorded so that students can complete these lessons independently. Each lesson has 12-20 slides and includes the following interactive activities:
- brief instructional videos
- slides where students answer addition/subtraction problems by drawing on their screens and/or writing math sentences
- slides where students create their own math problems by drawing pictures and writing a math sentence
- matching activities where students match the number sentence to the picture
- interactive games that serve as each lessons' exit tickets
Each Nearpod lesson targets one of the short vowel sounds. It has 34 slides and includes decoding practice, identifying sight words, and reading sentences with the targeted short vowel. Each lesson also reviews 2-4 sight words. The instructions on the slides are recorded so that students can complete these lessons independently. The slides include the following interactive activities:
- 6 slides where students are asked to circle the vowel sound before reading the word
- 2-4 slides where students practice identifying and tracing the target sight words
- 4-8 slides where students practice writing the target sight words
- 4-5 slides where students practice reading sentences with CVC words and the target sight words
- a matching activity where students match decodable sentences with their corresponding pictures
- an interactive game that serves as the lesson's exit ticket
This product includes 5 digital choice boards:
- 1 editable slide - Simply add images and text with a link to your online resources.
- 1 slide meant to help structure small group rotations digitally
- 1 slide targeting basic addition and subtraction - Use with these Nearpod Lessons from Learning N Progress.
- 1 slide targeting short vowel sounds - Use with these Nearpod Lessons from Learning N Progress.
- 1 slide targeting three ways to practice each short vowel sound - Use with these Nearpod Lessons from Learning N Progress.