Products in this Bundle (4)
Celebrating the winter holidays during distance learning or remote learning? Are you planning a holiday class party in a socially-distanced classroom? This all-inclusive bundle includes everything you need to have a virtual class holiday party. This bundle includes the following:
Editable Holiday Class Party Schedule
Winter Digital Spinners
Nearpod Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa Reading Games (2 Nearpod Resources)
Nearpod Virtual Holiday Party Games (3 games included with 10 slides each)
Have you ever used Nearpod to help support your literacy instruction? I HIGHLY recommend it!!! This is a great way for students to practice their phonics skills. Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
This bundle includes 2 Nearpod lessons: one for Christmas and one for Hanukkah/Kwanzaa. Each holiday lesson (31 -37 slides) includes the following interactive activities:
- 3 leveled matching activities
- 6 leveled slides where students read a sentence and draw a picture to match
- slides where students spell a word the teacher chooses
- 4 slides drawing activities
- 2 leveled Time to Climb games
- 3 passages each with a self-correcting comprehension question (NOTE: These passages are sample passages from my monthly reading passages product. Click here to view the product.)
This product is a Google Slide resource that links each spinner to a different website. When you click on the spinner, it will direct you to the site. Simply click the spinner again to animate it. . includes the following 15 digital spinners:
- 7 editable spinners that enhance Learning N Progress resources (sold separately) - Holidays Around the World Escape Rooms orNearpod Holiday Reading Games
- 2 editable prize spinners (virtual prize ideas too) - prizes not included
- 3 editable discussion/writing prompt spinners (2 holiday-themed and 1 SEL/growth mindset)
- 2 editable writing/reading center spinners
- 2 editable spinners to help randomly group students
- 1 editable spinner to randomly select a student
The link to the Nearpod lesson is on the PDF file. I recommend creating your FREE Nearpod account before clicking the link to save the lesson. Each game includes 10 slides/questions. You can always add or take away as you see fit. Here is a brief description of each game:
- My Favorite Things (This or That): Students use the pen tool to select their favorite item given two options.
- Do You Know Your Peers: Students participate in a poll about a random student, guessing what s/he likes about the holidays. (I recommend using a digital spinner to randomly select a student. (Click here to see the digital winter spinners from Learning N Progress.)
- What If...?: This is simply hilarious! Your students are sure to be laughing and smiling the whole time. This game is recommended for upper graders, middle school, high school, and even adults! Participants participate in a poll about a randomly selected student. (Click here to see the digital winter spinners from Learning N Progress.) Example question: What if _____ were a Christmas disaster? Which would s/he be? tangled lights, burnt cookies, presents arrive late, etc...
Differentiated Passages and Nearpod Games - Grades K-2
Virtual Escape Room Bundle - Grades 3-6
Christmas Nearpod Party Games - Grades 3-6
Looking for a fun, no-prep way to celebrate the holidays? Check out this all-inclusive virtual party pack for upper graders: