This 72 page booklet is the second of three written to cover the process of creating a website from analysis to coding to evaluation.
Booklet 2 is split into two parts and should take between 20 and 40 hours to complete depending on the coding proficiency of your students.
2B - Implementation Tasks: This 24 page booklet contains 13 tasks by the end of which students will have coded a 13 page “student cooking” website.
The content covered can be briefly summarised as:
- Building a template page
- HTML 5 page structure (header, nav, main and footer)
- Positioning content (margins, padding, display & float)
- Building a navigation bar using lists and CSS
-HTML 5 forms (text, number, radio button, text area and select input)
Please note that students should have a basic knowledge of HTML (head, body, links, headings, paragraphs and images) and a very basic understanding of CSS (changing text size, font, color) before starting this course.
The download comes with four additional sets of files:
- The complete cycling website created during booklet 2A.
- The complete cooking website created by students during the task booklet 2B.
- The student files required to get started.
- Additional content that can be dropped into blank pages to save student spending hours typing in content.
Booklet 3 (testing and evaluation) will be coming soon.