Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Time for research? Help your students understand the steps of web site evaluation using my simple C.A.K.E.-themed model. This research library lesson will help your kids determine strong information resources. During the lesson, students will consider an informational text entry to see whether or not it is Current, Accurate, Kid-Friendly, and Easy-to-Use. They'll also investigate to determine if an author is the expert on cake that she appears to be! Recommended for grade 3.
The resource includes:
- a colorful PowerPoint lesson (in PDF format)
- a slide-by-slide script
- a lesson plan
- an assessment pack that includes a quiz and a set of C.A.K.E. cards to be printed.
After this lesson, your students will definitely think website evaluation is a piece of C.A.K.E.!
Arkansas Library Media Frameworks - IL.3.3.2
Arkansas Computer Science Frameworks - CGE 12.3.3
Follow That Library Girl to hear about new resources, updates, sales, and freebies!
- Login to TpT and click your username at the top.
- Find the “BUY” heading and click on your “MY PURCHASES” link.
- Under each purchase listing, find the “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” link.
- Click through the rating buttons and leave a quick, helpful comment.
- Each time you leave feedback, you'll earn one TpT credit.
- Earning 20 credits rolls over into a $1 credit to spend in any TpT store!
Thank you for taking time to offer resource feedback! I appreciate it so much! :)