Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Need to teach your youngest students computer skills... like how to use informational websites for beginning research projects? This library lesson starts by explaning WHY people need to do research. Then, it follows up by explaining common website tools and text features such as search bars, search results, thumbnails, tabs, sidebars, and so on. Many website icons like settings, print, share, menu, speaker, and speech-to-text are pictured and explained as well.
Throughout the lesson, BIG vocabulary is broken down for LITTLE ears, and the helpful functions of drop-down menus are explored, fostering independence for our little ones who are often online at very early ages these days!
The resource includes:
- a colorful, 10-slide, PowerPoint presentation in PDF format
- a slide-by-slide script
- an "I SPY"-type game to serve as a quick observational assessment.
This lesson is intended to be used for kindergarten students (2nd semester), 1st grade (1st semester), and 2nd grade (as a quick review 1st semester).
Follow That Library Girl to hear about new resources, updates, sales, and freebies!
Thank you for your purchase!
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.1.5, RI.1.2.5 and RI.3.5
Arkansas Library Media Frameworks
Kindergarten IL.1.K.5, IL.1.K.7, IL.1.K.8
First Grade IL.1.1.5, IL.1.1.7, IL.1.1.8
Second Grade IL.1.2.5, IL.1.2.8
Arkansas Computer Science Frameworks
Kindergarten CC.9.K.1, CC.11.K.1, CGE.12.K.3
First Grade CC.9.1.1, CC.11.1.1, CGE.12.1.3
Second Grade CC.9.2.1, CC.11.2.1, CGE12.2.3
- Login to TpT and click your username at the top.
- Find the “BUY” heading and click on your “MY PURCHASES” link.
- Under each purchase listing, find the “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” link.
- Click through the rating buttons and leave a quick, helpful comment.
- Each time you leave feedback, you'll earn one TpT credit.
- Earning 20 credits rolls over into a $1 credit to spend in any TpT store!
Thank you for taking time to offer resource feedback! I appreciate it so much! :)