Geography is in fun form with these “Wee are the World” postcards!
Each week students can receive a postcard in the classroom mailbox from a new friend in a different part of the world. Make this a year-long classroom project.
What a fun way to teach geography to the little ones. These postcards coordinate with the other “Wee are the World” items in my shop, please see in my listings.
There are 16 postcards of geographic locations—Africa, Australia, Egypt, France, Greenland, Hawaii, Holland, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, USA and the world. The backs of each postcard has general information as bullet points and a note from the child from that country/location. The postcard of the globe has the back with an area to write on.
The files are set up as 8.5 x 11 documents having two postcard locations per file with the backs of each postcard as the next file in the document. Example: you will print out the page of postcards (Africa and Trinidad & Tobago), then print the next page (which is the back of the postcards Africa and Trinidad & Tobago) on the reverse side of that page (see sample photos). Then repeat this with the other postcards and their backs. Once you have printed fronts and backs of all postcards trim on crop marks provided. I advise printing on cover stock. For rounded corners, use corner round punch.
This is a PDF to use over and over for as many students, activities and years as you need.
Included in this downloadable PDF (Portable Document Format) file are 16 layers (like pages) made up of:
1. World globe and USA postcard FRONTS
2. World globe and USA postcard BACKS (the world postcard back has space to write message)
3. Africa and Trinidad & Tobago postcard FRONTS
4. Africa and Trinidad & Tobago postcard BACKS
5. Australia and Hawaii postcard FRONTS
6. Australia and Hawaii postcard BACKS
7. France and India postcard FRONTS
8. France and India postcard BACKS
9. Holland and Greenland postcard FRONTS
10. Holland and Greenland postcard BACKS
11. Japan and Thailand postcard FRONTS
12. Japan and Thailand postcard BACKS
13. Mexico and Spain postcard FRONTS
14. Mexico and Spain postcard BACKS
15. Russia and Egypt postcard FRONTS
16. Russia and Egypt postcard BACKS
You will turn these layers on and off manually to view and/or print them.
You will need Adobe Reader to open and print your pattern. It is usually pre-installed on most Windows and Mac computers. We have tested this pattern on Adobe Reader version 9.4.5 (Mac) and 10.1.4 (Windows), and it should open with somewhat older versions, too. In the unlikely event that you cannot open the file, download Adobe Reader for free from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
This is designed for personal and educational uses only. It CANNOT be resold or given away, and the copyright is NOT transferred through purchase. Finished goods containing the design CANNOT be resold, nor can any of the digital artwork. Sheri McCulley Studio art is available for licensing. Please contact for interest in the licensed art for manufacturing purposes.
© Sheri McCulley Seibold