Weekend Chat Spanish Class Find Someone Who Preterite Weekend Talk Worksheets
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- How to get your Spanish class to speak Spanish? This is a BUNDLE of 15 Ready to Go Spanish Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity designed as Spanish interpersonal communicative activities to get students talking in Spanish class. Plus now there is also editable Find Someone Who tempPrice $37.99Original Price $56.89Save $18.90
- Are you struggling to get your students speaking in Spanish in class? This growing Spanish mega bundle of differentiated interpersonal speaking activities was designed as a mix of communicative task cards, Find Someone Who in Spanish, and Digital Weekend Chat to get Spanish students talking and moviPrice $109.99Original Price $142.24Save $32.25
This Spanish Weekend Chat Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity was designed as an interpersonal communicative activity to get Spanish students talking on a Monday using the Preterite. It would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the weekend.
The PDF Find Someone Who contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs practicing the Spanish preterite
- ⭐Page 1 - questions with yo form of the answer provided - most basic
- ⭐Page 2 - write about friends with the support of s/he forms included - most basic
- ⭐Page 3 - questions (without yo form)
- ⭐Page 4 - write about friends & self with the support of a word bank
- ⭐Page 5 - write about friends & self - most advanced
This Spanish Weekend Talk Workdsheet Find Someone Who is a great icebreaker for a Monday after a break. It is a great way to review or introduce the past tense (preterite). Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier versions. There is an extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who distance or hybrid friendly:
- Use the TPT EASEL digital add-on to share with students & collect responses.
- Click Print and then save as PDF with the pages you want to use digitally and share with students.
- Email to students and have them call, snap, email, message each other in Spanish to ask the questions if you do not meet as a group. This will encourage them to connect with each other in Spanish. Or they could ask people they live with as well.
- In a zoom class, use the break-out rooms to have students ask each other the questions in small groups.
- In a group class zoom or meet, project the grid & call on students, or have them raise their hand to respond to one question.
- Have students use Flipgrid to ask & answer the questions.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who social distance friendly
- Do the paper FSW activity outside.
- Interview a partner using Plexiglas.
- Instead of having other people sign the form, have each student just write the name of the person who said yes instead.
- Instead of interviewing the whole class, just work with a partner or small group with masks on.
This resource is PDF only.
See why 80+ teachers have given this Spanish Worksheet a 5-star review
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love weekend talks!! These are a great way to get my students talking to each other without putting too much pressure on them and also the differentiated Weekend Talk sheets make it so easy to scaffold for certain students. - Kate (9th-10th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students loved this. It was such a great way to start the week by getting them up and chatting. One disengaged student announced, "Good work with this activity, Ms. V!" Of course, I couldn´t take the credit ;) - Carmen (7th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students enjoyed using this resource as they moved around and spoke to each other, asking and answering questions. Great exposure to 1st, 2nd, and 3D person singular super 7 verbs in basic conversations. I’m currently (COVID-19 school closure) using it with 8th grade Spanish 1, in which students use the scaffolded handout to interview each other by phone. - Meri C (8th grade teacher)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
This resource is included in the Para Empezar: 1 Year of Weekend Chat for Spanish class. Please do not purchase this if you have that resource or you can ask for a refund for the overlap if you have both.
⭐Bundle up for the best deal!⭐
Get the Spanish 2/3 Mega Bundle for this activity, plus tons of other great resources at the best deal possible!
Get Para Empezar: 1 Year of Spanish Bell Ringers/ Brain Breaks #2. for this FInd Someone Who as a part of the Weekend Chat resource plus these other years of Para Empezar, 1 Year of martes del mapa, Música miércoles, Jaja jueves, Baile viernes.
Or get the FIND SOMEONE WHO BUNDLE for this plus many other including EDITABLE TEMPLATE to make your own Find Someone Who
You might also like:
- Para Empezar: Weekend Chat 2 - for distance learning
- Question Cards - Weekend Chat
- Future Weekend Chat Find Someone Who
Have difficulty with a file?
- The Find Someone Who is PDF. You will need an updated PDF reader to open it.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. Read this blog post about mixing up Find Someone Who for more ideas for using this activity face to face, hybrid, and or virtual both on paper and digital.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.