Also included in
- This Editable Google Slides bundle includes everything you need for 22 weeks of bell ringers in Spanish class. It could be adapted for all levels including Spanish I, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class starter, or brain break. They workPrice $15.19Original Price $19.97Save $4.78
- This Spanish class routines bundle of Editable Google Slides includes everything you need for 1 full year of bell ringers in Spanish class. It could be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class startePrice $23.19Original Price $34.45Save $11.26
- This Bundle of Spanish class Weekend Chat or Weekend Chat includes a year of variations of a weekend chat or weekend talk for Spanish class. Variations in this Spanish Weekend Chat Bundle could be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as a classroom managemePrice $29.59Original Price $41.93Save $12.34
- Are you struggling to get your students speaking in Spanish in class? This growing Spanish mega bundle of differentiated interpersonal speaking activities was designed as a mix of communicative task cards, Find Someone Who in Spanish, and Digital Weekend Chat to get Spanish students talking and moviPrice $79.99Original Price $132.78Save $52.79
This editable Google slide show includes variations of a weekend chat or weekend talk for Spanish class. It is a great way to start class on Monday or after a break that personalizes content to your students. These projectable digital slides focus on the Spanish preterit tense talking about specific events of the weekend. These Weekend Chat Slides could be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as a classroom management routine class starter, or brain break.
Includes 30 Editable Google Slides for Spanish Class
15 Weekend Chat Spanish class starter slides to project
- 15 Weekend Chat class starter activity slides
- Great to post as the first activity on a Monday
- Each slide could be added to your Google Slideshow of the day Monday.
- Includes a mix of reading, speaking, and writing.
15 Weekend Chat Discussion Slides for Spanish
- 15 general questions in the preterite to chat about your weekend
- Click through some or all & discuss or have students write down answers
- You could pick a few to focus on and discuss each week.
- Perfect for hybrid, distance, or paperless learning or for quarantined students
- For distance learning, you could go through the slides together or maybe have students answer the questions using Flipgrid and respond to each other.
- For in-person, paperless learning, have pairs, click through and discuss slides & type answers in the slides. (make a copy for each student on Google Classroom)
What is Weekend Chat in Spanish Class?
✅ Editable Google slide shows with a total of 30 slides
✅ All editable to be able to differentiate to every level of students you teach
✅ A positive way to start every Monday & build classroom community
✅ A variety of ways to mix up weekend chat - including reading, speaking & writing
✅ A way to connect with students through their interests while staying in Spanish
✅ Check-in for an in-person class - project on the board as students are entering
✅ Prompts that could be used in small groups for students to chat in Spanish
✅ Check-in for virtual class - project in the waiting room or Google Classroom or your LMS
See why it has 20+ 5 star reviews from other teachers
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It was easy to assign specific slides to students and get feedback from them responding to the questions and topics. I also really liked the diversity of the resource to support upper and lower levels with options already available. As a department-of-one, it was nice for the differentiation to already be included in the resource so that I didn't have to create it myself! - Shanna C
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My Spanish II's needed extra practice with the preterit tense and this worked great. It isn't so content-deep that students get bored. It is just right for reviewing and also teaching a different unit. That is how I used it and it was effective. - Ramona D
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I use a weekend chat every Monday and appreciated having different options for format and questions. My students responded well to the questions. Thank you! - Leah Y
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ During distance learning, it was nice to find resources that adapted well to our curriculum and online work. This was engaging and well-suited to our weekly round up on Mondays. - Tina R
5-star reviews from other teachers for this weekend chat resource
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Added to lesson plans for hybrid classes. Good practice for students & easy prep for me. - Jennifer H
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Extremely satisfied. Awesome product - Kristin P 7th grade teacher
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Fun activity to get students talking about their weekends! - Terri N (grades 10-11)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpersonal Communication
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Lifelong Learning - using language for enjoyment
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
⭐️ For all of my Weekend Chat resources, get the *Weekend Chat Bundle*
⭐️ Or purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Digital Resource Bundle to get these slides plus tons of other Google-Based resources and units.
This resource is pulled from (which is also in ) - Please do not purchase it if you own one of those resources, or request a refund for any opverlap.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google Resource & will be found in a My Purchases Folder in your Drive.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. - blog post
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.