Tired of writing your class newsletter? Then DON'T, your students can! Take back your personal time AND your sanity!
After years of creating newsletters and spending hours of my own time to write, edit and prepare these letters, I started to think of a way I could share news from school differently. Eventually, one year I tried getting the students to write the newsletter… long story short, I’ve never looked back. I find that parents are more eager to read the newsletter when they know their child’s work will be featured—students also tend to bring home the newsletter instead of losing it because they have contributed to it. Lastly, it also introduces another type of writing to your students--journalism.
I recently sent home my classroom handbook and so many parents are excited to read a newsletter their child has helped to create. The students can't wait to share classroom news with home by becoming journalists!
This newsletter isn't editable because you don't type, the students write!
1. Print the pages you need for the week
2. Discuss/tell students what to write about
3. Have students write (usually takes a couple mins per student--you could have it as part of your daily writing center or special helper of the day job)
4. Photocopy on coloured paper to make it -pop- in the mailbag
5. Be SO HAPPY you aren't writing the newsletter after school for the next week :)
What is included in this product:
*Newsletters for ALL 12 months of the year
*7 DIFFERENT styles to choose from (you could choose a different style every week if you wanted to!)
*5 styles included pictures and writing (you can either have one student do both OR you can have 2 students contribute OR you can simply write for your student while they do the drawing)
*2 styles are lines only for students that do not need pictures to help illustrate their thoughts
*2 different options for the back page (1 "Student Spotlight" if you follow a student of the week program or for students who have a birthday OR "Classroom Spotlight" share something unique about your classroom)
*Parent Information Letter explaining the student - written newsletter. You can choose between introducing a weekly newsletter or a biweekly newsletter
*3 pages of information regarding this product
*1 page of how to introduce and ready your students
*1 page on how to ready yourself
Categories in the Newsletters include:
*Spot for "Week of _______________"*
*Highlights of Our Learning*
*Student Spotlight* OR *Classroom Spotlight* (2 variations)
*Teacher Talk* (A small place for you to take care of any "admin" related info with parents)
Enjoy and happy STUDENT writing!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thank you for stopping by Canadian Apples!
1. Click the follow me button at the top of the page to receive new product information, discounts and freebies!
2. Rate the product after you download in order to earn TPT points that can go towards purchasing more items!
3. If you have any questions or if you would like to put in a request for an alteration, do not hesitate to contact me. Please use my TPT account and I will respond asap!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Alison Jensen © Canadian Apples. All rights reserved by the author. Purchase of this item entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages for personal or classroom use ONLY. Duplication for other classes, an entire school, or commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). To add additional licenses of this product, see your "my purchases” tab after purchase.