Make review of your reading instruction easy with this standards aligned reading log for grades 2 and 3. I designed this reading log in accordance with the skills taught over the course of the school year.
This cute and fun log can be used in any order and printed again and again with any books students chose to read at home. Repetition is important for little learners and having students apply taught skills helps to cement them. Topics covered include...
- Making and confirming predictions
- Asking and answering questions about what is read
- Describing characters, setting, important events in fiction and poetry
- Identifying the problem and solution
- Summarizing stories and events in the correct sequence
- Using prior and background knowledge as context for new learning
- Making connections to the story
- Identifying verbs, proper nouns, common nouns, and adjectives
Take the stress out of homework and set your students up for success to watch their reading skills take off. :-)