This little pack consists of the following:
- Weekly spelling menu - just print each week and go!
- Blank spelling word List - to handwrite words and copy
- Blank editable spelling word list - to type in the spelling list and print!
I made this quick, weekly spelling pack to hold my kiddos accountable for practicing their spelling words. Since we've implemented this system, my students have increased their spelling scores significantly!
Students are expected to complete 2 activities each night. Parent practice is required each night, and one additional activity for that day is required - student choice. Parents sign off in the box next to the activities completed.
The spelling menu includes the following activities:
- Parent Practice (practice test with an adult)
- Rainbow Writing (write spelling words in all different colors)
- Rhyme Time (write the spelling word list, and write words that follow same pattern that rhyme)
- Fancy Fonts (type words on computer and change fonts/style/color
- Sky Write (trace spelling words in the air)
- Wonky Words (write spelling words in fun handwriting)
- Spelling Songs (sing spelling of words)
- Body Words (create letters of spelling word using body and movements)
- Play Dough Practicing (create spelling words using play dough
This freebie is great for elementary classrooms focusing on weekly spelling tests. The set up of the homework is for a classroom that tests on Friday.
To protect copyright policies on fonts and graphics, only the spelling list is editable - NOT the spelling menu.
Mindful Rambles Blog
Mindful Rambles Store
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License