Develop your students’ writing skills with these editable weekly writing prompts! The writing prompts cover topics for compare and contrast essays, short stories, persuasive paragraphs, opinion-based paragraphs, and more! There are 37 provided prompts to accommodate one per week for a typical 36 week school year.
All of the text on the writing prompt pages is editable, except for the title (since that is the purpose of the product). The frames and clipart are not editable.
When I use these in my classroom, I like to give the class a prompt each Wednesday. I use the title “Writing Wednesday” and dedicate a chunk of our class time to writing. I have included prompts with the “Writing Wednesday” heading, and have also created a more generic heading for those who do not want to give the prompts on Wednesday (“Prompt of the Day”).
Your download will be a zip file containing editable PowerPoint versions of the prompts as well as PDF versions of the prompts. Both the editable and non-editable versions come with two different heading options (“Writing Wednesday” or “Prompt of the Day”). Read the details below for more information on what is included in each file:
• Each file is 50 pages long. There are four total files included in your download.
File 1 – editable version with “Writing Wednesday” as the heading
File 2 – editable version with “Prompt of the Day” as the heading
File 3 – PDF version with “Writing Wednesday” as the heading
File 4 – PDF version with “Prompt of the Day” as the heading
• Proofreading Key - editable (includes proofreading symbols with their meaning – I copy these on the back of each rubric to help the students understand my notations)
• Teacher Sample Guide - editable (see preview)
• Student Sample Guide – editable (see preview)
• 37 writing prompts – editable
• Compare and contrast writing rubric – editable
• Paragraph writing rubric – editable
• Letter writing rubric – editable
• Story writing rubric – editable
• Compare and contrast Venn diagram
Please take the time to provide feedback
on this product. I truly value your comments. To provide feedback, click on “my purchases” in the drop-down menu of your TpT home screen. Find the product that you just downloaded, and click “leave feedback.” Scroll down to fill in the quick ranking form and then click submit. Thank you!
⭐ By following Element of Fun
you will find out about sales, freebies, and new products! ⭐Follow Element of Fun
⭐ You may also like these other writing/grammar products: ⭐
Student Passports – Travel Theme
Thanksgiving Writing Prompts and Templates
Women’s History Month Writing Prompts – Famous Women
Earth Day Writing Prompts (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)”