Student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class.
You can use this activity with your 8th graders the first week of school to review common core concepts learned in 7th grade. It will help them to refresh their memories after their long summer break! You can also use it as a review at the end of the 7th grade year.
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Converting a mixed number to a percent
• Converting a percent >100 to a fraction in lowest terms
• Converting a percent to a decimal
• Solve a multi-step equation with integers
• Finding the percent of a number (multi-step word problem)
• Finding the total number
• Finding the probability of one event
• Finding the probability (dependent events)
• Discounts/Sales Tax (word problem)
• Find the surface area of a rectangular prism
• Find the area of an irregular polygon
• Use a proportion to make a prediction (word problem)
How to use this activity:
1. Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the
students to find and highlight their answers on this sheet. This will
help them to check their work and make corrections, if necessary.
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer
corresponds to specific feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE
drawing and coloring their suspects!
Please Visit My Store!
Click Here to Visit My Store!
This resource is included in the following bundle:
MATH MUGSHOTS BUNDLE!