For the first few days of the new school year, we usually have our last year’s classes return to their former classrooms. I like to use my time with my former students to go over school rules, and to reminisce about our year together. From our discussions, I then have my old students complete this poster to give some friendly advice to new students who will be coming into my classroom. This activity can also be done at the end of the school year, in readiness for the new school year if your school starts students off in their new classes right away.
This download includes:
- One 11 x 17 poster for each grade (2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The poster has the students fill in the following sections:
1. Some things you should know about your new teacher
2. Some things you will learn
3. Some things to remember to make your year easier
4. Some things to look forward to
5. Some things you can do to show your teacher you are listening
6. Some things you can do to make your new classroom a great place to be
7. Some things you can do if someone is bothering you
8. Some things you can do to keep your classroom neat and organized
9. Some things you need to remember about eating lunch at school
10. Some things you can do to make sure your homework is handed in on time.
11. I hope you find the materials helpful.
Welcome to Grade 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 Poster – Advice From a Former Student
by clare haagensen
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License