Countless fans have asked R. J. Palacio to write a book for younger readers. With We’re All Wonders, she makes her picture-book debut as both author and artist, with a spare, powerful text and striking, richly imagined illustrations. Palacio shows readers what it’s like to live in Auggie’s world—a world in which he feels like any other kid, but he’s not always seen that way.
We’re All Wonders may be Auggie’s story, but it taps into every child’s longing to belong, and to be seen for who they truly are. It’s the perfect way for families and educators to talk about empathy and kindness with young children.
This is such a cute book! I read it to my class every year.
- Auggie's Character Traits
- We're All Wonders: What makes YOU unique?
- I am a wonder because... writing / drawing prompt
- What does unique mean?
- Be a kindness detective (bookmark)
- We're all wonders: Ordinary vs. Extraordinary
- KIND acrostic
- I can spread kindness by... circle writing prompt
- I am a wonder... circle writing prompt
Enjoy! Happy Teaching :)