We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen is a wonderful book that tells the story of a family who goes on a bear hunt. They travel through all different landforms and weather, only to have the bear scare them back home! This literature unit is filled with seven different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. We're Going on a Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Compare and Contrast- Tell how two pictured items (from the story) are the same and different
6. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the bear is, using prepositions
7. Printable Interactive Take-Home Book- A black & white book the student can color, assemble and take home to share.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this unit and must be purchased separately online or in a book store.