This Common Core activity includes three one and two page close readings and four activity options covering the West African Trading Empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai. As in all of our reading products the close readings are key concept for social science focused, analyzing the geography, economy, leadership, achievements, religion and social classes for each empire
Here's what comes with this activity set:
1. Close Readings for Ghana, Mali and Songhai
2. Ghana Key Concept Common Core Worksheet and Answer Key
3. Three Empires Key Concept Graphic Organizer
4. Annotation Guide for Reading Historical Text
5. Venn Diagram Activity, comparing the three empires with answer key
6. FUN Music Playlist Activity with Student Examples- students create fictional song titles, albums and band names that only record about African Empires! My students absolutely love this engaging activity!
This product is best suited for higher reading level fifth garders through Middle School!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy this lesson in a discounted West Africa Empires of Ghana, Mali & Songhai Bundle!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, Medeival World History, Mansa Musa, Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Askia the Great, Sunni Ali