PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Purpose of Lesson:
It is difficult for students to navigate the internet and find appropriate primary and secondary sources. In this lesson students will learn how to effectively research a historical question while simultaneously learning about West African Kingdoms during the Middle Ages.
What is Included:
1. Lesson Plan: Complete with Big Ideas, essential questions, student objective and detailed sequence of the lesson. Optional activities and resources are also provided.
2. Timeline: Student handout to establish context (background)
3. Student Research Activity: Students will investigate sources on the internet to determine who are the richest people alive. This activity helps students identify what sources are credible and reliable, and its a fun activity!
4. Primary and Secondary Sources Student Activity: Students will examine various sources and answer text dependent questions. They will also find additional sources on the internet.
5. Research Guide: This interactive handout will help students navigate the internet to find credible and reliable sources in order to answer a historical question.