What are you getting in this download?
1. PowerPoint Presentation filled with detailed information regarding the economy of WV and its relationship to WV history and current events.
2. Student Outline – A complete outline for all three sections of the unit. This outline will serve as the study guide for the test. Answer key included!
3. 21st Century Global Economy Vocab Quiz – Both Standard and Modified versions! Answer keys included!
4. 21st Century Global Economy Test – Both Standard and Modified versions! Answer keys included!
5. Golden Horseshoe style essay prompt for practice at the end of the unit!
6. Common Core Standards Covered:
a. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.10, 9-10.10, 11-12.10 - By the end of grade 8, read and comprehend history/social studies texts in the grades 6-8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
b. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.7, 9-10.7, 11-12.7 - Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
c. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.4, 9-10.4, 11-12.4 - Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
d. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.3, 9-10.3, 11-12.3 - Identify key steps in a text's description of a process related to history/social studies (e.g., how a bill becomes law, how interest rates are raised or lowered).
For West Virginia Studies teachers, this unit is designed to go hand in hand with the textbook, West Virginia: 150 Years of Statehood
This unit is designed to come after the unit Economy of WV
It can also be used as an overview of a global economy and a way to examine WV's role.