This is a 27 slide, highly animated, power point presentation on the Western Expansion in the United States - The Lewis & Clark Expedition. Each of the slides are editable so you can change it to fit your individual needs.
The Lewis and Clark Expedition, also known as the Corps of Discovery Expedition, was the first American expedition to cross what is now the western portion of the United States. The expedition was commissioned by President Thomas Jefferson shortly after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803.
The expedition consisted of a select group of U.S. Army volunteers under the command Captain Meriwether Lewis and his close friend Second Lieutenant William Clark.
The primary objectives were to:
1. Explore and map the newly acquired Louisiana Purchase and to get an accurate sense of the resources in the territory.
2. Find a practical waterway across the Western half of the continent for the purposes of commerce.
3. Establish an American presence in this territory before Britain and other European powers tried to claim it.
The campaign's secondary objectives were scientific and economic:
1. Study the area's plants, animal life, and geography.
2. Establish trade with local Indian tribes.
The presentation covers the following:
The Lewis & Clark Map
Gifts For Distribution (2)
Preparation & Departure
The Exploration Party
Native American Research
Native American Incidents
Second Winter Camp
Fort Clatsop (2)
Blackfeet & Crow Indians
Flora & Fauna
End of Presentation
This is one of many power point presentations I offer in my store under the heading....Western Expansion in the United States.