Everything about westward expansion and Manifest Destiny. Covers Manifest Destiny, the construction and impact of the transcontinental railroad, the Indian Wars and attempts at assimilation through the Dawes Act and boarding schools, and much more!
- Introductory reading with questions and answer key
- can be used as homework or intro activity
- Bellwork on Manifest Destiny to be followed up w/ video and reading w/ graphic organizer on the transcontinental railroad
- Smartboard presentation on the West and Indians w/ bellwork and three days of guided notes
- Two optional homework assignments using speeches from Red Cloud, Chief Joseph, and Sitting Bull
- DBQ on Native Americans from wars through assimilation
- West: Opportunity or Oppression?
Two day lesson using readings on women, African Americans, cowboys, Exodusters, Mexican Americans, and Indians that includes a writing assignment
- Study Guide
- Stimulus-based multiple choice test w/ writing prompt and answer key