WESTWARD EXPANSION is a spiral-bound book that includes FREE SHIPPING. We've provided TEN Westward Expansion/Manifest Destiny Lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to explore the Louisiana Purchase, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, the Gold Rush, famous trails West, as well as conflicts including the Texas Revolution and the Mexican War:
The New World
The Louisiana Purchase
The Lewis and Clark Expedition
The Santa Fe Trail
The Pacific Northwest
The Texas Revolution
The Oregon Trail
The Mexican War
The Gold Rush
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Scale Mapping to trace the route of the Pony Express
• Expository Writing and Research Projects utilizing Primary and Secondary Sources
• Journal Writing utilizing Close Reading Skills
• Paragraphs to compare and contrast John C. Fremont and Kit Carson
• Lewis and Clark KWLH Charts followed by Expository Writing assignment
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
• Context-Appropriate Glossary
• Answer Pages
• Grading Rubrics
Students will then use the Westward Expansion Content to complete TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
• THREE One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• THREE Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO Vocabulary Flap Books
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• New World Four-Fold Organizer
• Louisiana Purchase Cause and Effect Organizers
• Zebulon Montgomery Pike Journal and Booklet
• Daniel Boone Find the Fib Game and Two-Pocket Organizer
• Pacific Northwest Interactive Expert's Journal
• Texas Revolution Interactive Time Line
• Famous Trails Flip Book
• Interactive Venn Diagram (John C. Fremont and Kit Carson)
• Gold Rush Accordion Foldable
• Pocket Time Line (George Custer and Sitting Bull)
During their study of Westward Expansion, students will take an in-depth look at biographies of famous trail blazers Meriwether Lewis, William Clark, Daniel Boone, Robert Gray, Andrew Jackson, George Washington Bush, John C. Fremont, Kit Carson, George Custer, and Sitting Bull.
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Lesson Plans, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Writing and Interactive Notebook Assignments.
Westward Expansion is shipped FREE anywhere in the 50 states!!
(If you live outside the U.S., please contact us in the Q/A section BEFORE ordering for shipping costs).
Download the Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPIES WITH FREE SHIPPING:
SPANISH EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
13 COLONIES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
AMERICAN REVOLUTION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
SLAVERY IN AMERICA INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
CIVIL WAR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
WORLD WAR I INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK HARD COPY
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING WESTWARD EXPANSION EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.