Now a complete unit with new Common Core tests and quizzes! This is a comprehensive bundle loaded with new, common core activities that are guided by key concepts for Social Science. This packet has vigor and fun with tons of Common Core options.
Teachers can pick and choose from 22 notes formats, Common Core readings and worksheets, projects and activities that fit your needs and teaching style the best. The packet includes:
I. Content Instruction Notes, PowerPoints and Stations:
The content in this bundle is not just a random selection of activities with unclear expectations. Instructional content was designed with the framework of the key concepts of U.S. history, including geographic expansion and political, social and economic development.
1. Westward Expansion stations or printable annotated timeline notes
with fill-able graphic organizer (includes: Mexican Cession, Gadsden Purchase, Oregon Country, Louisiana Purchase, Texas Annexations, Spanish Session and the Land Above the Louisiana Purchase)
2. Manifest Destiny PowerPoint or Interactive Stations Activity
3. The Nullification Crisis notes and foldable graphic organizer
4. Jacksonian Democracy printable notes with graphic organizer
5. Jacksonian Democracy PowerPoint
6. A complete vocabulary set with three assignment options, a flashcard game and a PowerPoint driven class game!
II. Activities, Guided Practice and Common Core Readings
1. Common Core FaceTime Interview template for Jackson, Sacajawea, James K. Polk, John Ross and a blank template for teachers choice.
2. Treaty of Echota Indian Removal, Primary Source Analysis
3. Working with Primary Sources election of 1848 Political Cartoon
4. Common Core Writing Activity for War and Negotiations of Westward Expansion
5. FUN Key Players of Westward Expansion Trading Card and Game Activity
6. The Voice of Wisdom Primary Source Analysis and Common Core Writing Activity
7. America Moves West Map Activity.
8. Trail of Tears: A Birthday Story Common Core Reading and Writing Assignment
9. The Homestead Act Primary Source Analysis
10.Jackson Tweets His Followers Template
11. Westward Expansion iPad Graphic Organizer Activity
12. Nullification Crisis Political Cartoon Assignment
13. William Travis' Letter to Texans Primary Source Analysis Activity
14. The Railroad Moves West! Primary Source Analysis Activity
15. A Common Core Close Reading with 3 lesson options: Annotation Guide, Worksheet, Graphic Organizer and Answer Key!
III. Assessments and Review
1. Two Part Westward Expansion DBQ (Document Based Questions) Assessment
with 6 Primary Source Documents and Common Core Writing. This assessment is versatile with tons of teacher options for a differentiated classroom.
2. A Fantastic Key Concept Match Activity, with graphic organizers, a matching assignment and writing guides with 3 options
3. Westward Expansion Academic Vocabulary Quiz and Common Core Test
- Students analyze text, support claims and infer meaning!
CHECKOUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania